|Knowledge Base |
| Article number: kb-14|
|Q. How Do I Configure My Outlook Express For IMAP.|
A. For your Hosting Account on cPanel servers The only thing you will need to do is to configure your mail clients properly and all IMAP folders will get synchronized. Here is the instruction for Outlook Express:
1. Start Outlook Express
2. From the Tools menu, select Accounts....
3. Select the Mail tab, then click Add -> Mail.
4. Enter your name and press Next.
5. Enter email address and then press Next.
6. Set the incoming mail server to IMAP, and enter your domain name for both Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail. Then press Next.
7. Enter the username and the password for this account. Then press Next
8. Click Finish.
9. Click Properties.
10. Under the General tab, change the title of the Mail Account to the full email address of the account.
11. Under the Servers tab, check the box that says "My server requires authentication".
12. Under the IMAP tab, set Root folder path to 'INBOX.' (note that a period (.) is at the end of the word INBOX), Sent Items path to 'Sent', Drafts path to 'Drafts'. Check all boxes under this tab and press OK.
13. Close the Accounts window and test your e-mail account.
|This page has been viewed 4882 times|
Return to Search